- GhostDoc v5.5 or newer
- CodeIt.Right v3.1 or newer
- When installing VSIX in VS2017 receive message "This version is already installed"
- Visual Studio says there is an update but every time you try to install it, the
- Visual Studio won't update to v5.5 as it says it's already installed, when, in fact, the v5.4 is installed
- Your (valid) license won't activate in VS2017
This is due to introducing the VSIX installer while the older version was still MSI-based. Being totally different technology, the VSIX installer is not able to remove the older MSI deployed version.
The solution is to uninstall the older version through Control Panel -> Programs and Features and after that, you will be able to install the VSIX version from a file or Marketplace.
Once you have the VSIX version installed, the future updates won't be a problem for they will leverage the same VSIX update mechanism built into the Visual Studio.