What's new in v5.x:
Both Pro and Enterprise editions of GhostDoc in version 5 introduce Documentation Quality hints in Visual Studio editor; Documentation Management assistance - find auto-generated comments, edit or remove the bulk created docs; identify and fix comments that are missing, out of sync or can be copied from base class; mark generated XML comments as auto-generated and "to be edited". The v5 also includes multiple Help documentation themes and layouts to choose from.
See this article for the Overview of GhostDoc v5.0 Features
The free version of GhostDoc has been re-branded as GhostDoc Community Edition and adds general improvements, limited generation of CHM help documentation as well as the means to find auto-generated comments.
- VS2017 RTM support
- GhostDoc is now also available as VSIX for VS2017
- Documentation Quality hints in Visual Studio editor
- Documentation Maintenance - Find auto-generated comments - edit or remove the bulk created docs
- Documentation Maintenance - Identify and fix comments that are missing, out of sync or can be copied from base class
- Official Visual Studio 2015 and ASP.NET Core support
- Options to add Auto-generated doc and TODO 'Edit' attributes
- Theme support for generated help documentation and new themes - Flat Gray and Flat Main
- Help Configuration option for declarative help documentation file naming - namespace-classname-membername.htm
- Exclude from Documentation action
- Hide/Show Comments feature
- New Summary Override table in Options - configure predefined summaries for specific member or type names instead of auto-generated
- Limited Build Documentation feature is now available in the Community edition of GhostDoc
Note to GhostDoc Pro v4.x and GhostDoc Enterprise v4.x users: Your v4 license code will not work with the recently released v5. We have sent out the v5 license codes to users with License Protection and active Software Assurance subscription. If you have not received or misplaced your new license, you can retrieve it on the My Account page.
Detailed changes by build:
Also see What's New in GhostDoc v4.x